Monday, July 16, 2012

Caribbean Adventure

I think I could write 10 pages on our recent trip to the Turks and Caicos islands! It was absolutely gorgeous. The most white, and soft sand beaches. Crystal clear turquoise water. A caring, safe host environment. It was ideal. It was, the ultimate in relaxing beach vacations. BUT, and because this is real life, there is always a BUT. The tourism industry has grown so quickly they have outgrown their airport. Any "island vibe" and love for the peace and relaxation of the Turks was absolutely destroyed in the chaos and over crowding of their airport at departure. In another instalment I will fully discuss the airport issue, but not today.
I am so glad we took our kids to the Turks and Caicos. It's a wonderful island. (series of islands - but we only visited the main area of Provo) I will treasure the memories of my kids' creative stories and their imaginative interactions with the hermit crabs, fish and their resort friends. It was a great experience. And, for me, it was done on a pretty strict budget. We certainly got good value. And I have 800 pictures to prove it!

No comments:

Post a Comment